Postings for Job Openings, Office Space and Furniture
This page provides a central space for member attorneys to promote employment opportunities, as well as office space for rent and office furniture for sale.
Please submit your posting to email@example.com with the exact wording to be published. You may include contact information to receive inquiries directly or post anonymously for inquiries to be fielded by the CCBA.
Job Openings for Attorneys
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: Salary prescribed by ordinance of the City Council
Department: Municipal Court-Judicial
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Required Monday – Friday. May occasionally require evening and/or weekend hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
Must be a United States Citizen and a resident of the State of Texas in order to be considered.
All applicants must complete an online application, submit a letter of interest and resume directly to the City Secretary’s office by February 19, 2021.
Municipal Court Committee
c/o City Secretary
1201 Leopard St
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
The Municipal Court Judge is both a judge and a magistrate. He or she serves as a Magistrate determining probable cause and setting bonds for arrested persons, serving emergency protective orders, and reviewing and issuing warrant and search warrants. As a Judge, he or she presides over jury and non-jury trials, arraignments, revocations and other hearings, following the law and making decisions in a fair and impartial manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Magistrate persons arrested by the City Police department and base decisions on the law as applicable to the facts in the case.
- Decide if probable cause exists for arrests, set bail and bail conditions, read Miranda rights, assist in court appointed attorney requests and consular notifications.
- Review probable cause affidavits, warrants, capias, and capias pro fines, and where probable cause exists issue search warrants, arrest warrants and emergency mental health warrants as requested by county wide law enforcement agencies.
- Ensure all defendants coming before the court understand their rights, legal options and consequences for violation of law.
- Attend continuous legal education events for judges as required, may necessitate travel outside of the City.
- Issue and serve Emergency Protective Orders to persons arrested for family violence.
- Judges are required to cover various courts as needed, cross training in the Juvenile and Ordinance dockets is required.
- Review files and motions electronically through the computer and issue Orders and Judgments as deemed appropriate.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Requires a high level of critical thinking and comprehension to perform legal research in the area of criminal law and criminal procedure.
- Must be able to write and communicate effectively to articulate legal and factual reasoning of legal documents.
- Intermediate ability in arithmetic required to quickly and accurately calculate bail amounts for arrested persons and court costs and fines in court cases.
- Requires a Juris Doctorate.
- Must be a licensed attorney in the State of Texas and in good standing.
- Must have been practicing law in Nueces County for at least two (2) years prior to appointment.
- Must be a qualified voter.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – the City offers a 2 to 1 match. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City matches 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you contribute.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Eight (8) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
- Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
- Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
- In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the general public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
Job opening will close on: February 19, 2021
Job Openings for Support Staff
Hoblit Darling Ralls Hernandez & Hudlow LLP is currently seeking a Legal Secretary who has a minimum of 5 years of experience in insurance defense/commercial litigation. Candidates must be professional, well spoken, and technologically proficient with good writing and proof-reading skills. HDRHH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation is based on work experience.
For an opportunity to become part of our team, please e-mail your complete resume with a cover to: Btagle@hdr-law.com
Looking to hire a contract part-time paralegal or legal assistant with federal criminal and civil litigation experience. Flexible hours and may also work from home.
Send Resume and hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Space Available
Downtown office space near Courthouse available. Approximately 400 sq ft space with two offices adjoined by a small hallway. Front office can be used for lobby/reception area or a private office. Office shares common areas with existing law firm – includes kitchen, large conference room, small conference and large lobby.
If you are interested and would like to view the space or need more information, please email email@example.com.
Office Furniture for Sale
FREE – Complete set of Southwest Reporters including 1st SW, 2d SW, 3d SW and partial SW4th (thru 2017).
Always in air conditioning. Books are stored in boxes.
PRICE – FREE to any attorney(s) preferably interested in the complete set.
Also available FREE are custom stained adjustable wood bookshelves made for the Reporters. Floor to ceiling.
IF INTERESTED please contact Carol Edmonds at (361) 739-5510, or via email to Finley Edmonds at firstname.lastname@example.org.